SEAI Fully Funded Energy Upgrades
Kingdom Installation Ltd has been working on the Fully Funded Energy Upgrades Schemes (Formerly known as the Warmer Homes and Warmth and Wellbeing Schemes) since its inception. As a contractor working on these schemes, we have completed great numbers of energy upgrades to homes across Ireland. We provide a dedicated team who project manage the upgrades from commencement through to handover. Each of these upgrades is assigned to a project manager who communicates with the homeowner before and during the process enabling a smooth completion.
- Attic Insulation
- Cavity Wall Insulation
- External Wall Insulation
- Internal Wall Insulation
- Secondary work such as lagging jackets, draught proofing and energy efficient lighting
- New heating systems and windows are occasionally recommended
How it Works
Step 1: Apply online and check if you are eligible.
Step 2: If you are eligible, an SEAI surveyor will carry out a survey on you home which will indicate if upgrade recommendations can be made.
Step 3: A contractor from SEAI’s approved panel will be appointed to carry out the works.
Step 4: Upon completion of the works, SEAI’s energy assessment team will carry out a BER assessment.
There are 3 criteria to apply for the Fully Funded Energy Upgrade Scheme
1. You must own and live in your own home
- This must be your main residence, where you live most days of the week
2. Your home was built and occupied before 2006
- This means the ESB meter was connected and property lived in prior to 2006
3. You receive one of the following welfare payments
- Fuel Allowance as part of the National Fuel Scheme.
- Job Seekers Allowance for over six months and have a child under seven years of age
- Working Family Payment
- One-Parent Family Payment
- Domiciliary Care Allowance
- Carers Allowance and live with the person you are caring for
- Disability Allowance for over six months and have a child under seven years of age.
How to Apply
You can apply online here:
Application form is available here:
Carers Allowance Confirmation form (if relevant) is available here:
Scheme and Application Guidelines are available here:
If completing the written application form, please ensure to post to the following address:
Free Energy Upgrades,
Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland,
PO BOX 119,
Cahirciveen , Co. Kerry
Please refer to the SEAI Free Energy Upgrades Webpages for any changes to the scheme which would be applicable.